The scenic Kirkland Lake Golf Club is one of Northern Ontario's finest courses. The facilities include a challenging 9-hour course, clubhouse, kitchen, driving range, and pro shop.
The course is open to the public. Tee times are required. Appropriate attire is required. Contact the pro shop for additional information at: (705)642-3456.
The Club hosts a number of events. Click here to view a schedule of events.
The first meeting of the Kirkland Lake Golf Club was held in September of 1930 with L.B. Smith serving as Chairman-President, C.E. Rodgers as Vice-President, G.G. Bowser as Secretary-Treasurer, and W.M. Sixt, H.B. Hawley, M.G. Hunt, G.F. Doggett and W. Little serving as Directors.
The newly formed organization purchased a piece of property adjacent to the Ferguson Highway (hwy 112) for $2,500. J. Stokes of Timmins was instrumental in the planning of the original layout of the golf course.
Five holes were built in the summer of 1931. Green fees were 50 cents. Four additional holes were constructed in the 1934 season. The current clubhouse was built in 1934.
The original 9-hole layout was a par 36. The first hole of the original layout was was the current 8th hole of the course.
The first Club Championship was held in 1934 with J.C. Tuck winning the title. In 1942, the club introduced the annual Labour Day Weekend men's tournament.
The Morland Brothers won Labour Day a combined 25 times. Bill won the tournament a record 18 times between 1945-1979. His Brother Dave won 7 Labour Day titles between 1943-1987.
18-hole course record:
63: Jed Allick
63: Steve Polyblank
9-hole course record:
27: Merv Stoughton
Labour Day Championships:
18: Bill Morland
Men's Club Championships:
17: Jed Allick
Ladies Club Championships:
9: Sandra Zidar
NGA Men's Champions: